Join us in January for a 2-Day conference about using Charlotte Mason’s ideas in your home–from preschool to high school.
Friday, January 17 (Doors open at 9:00 A.M.)
- Session 1—Enjoying the Early Years (9:30–11:30 A.M.)Give your preschool and kindergarten-age child what is most important. Instead of academic or social pressures, Charlotte Mason encouraged parents to give their little ones a full six years of developing good habits, getting acquainted with nature, exploring with the five senses, growing in their spiritual lives, and more.
Plus, discover Charlotte Mason’s truly gentle approach to teaching reading. This simple plan will carry your child from learning the alphabet to building words to feeling at home in the fascinating world of books.
- Session 2—Feeling at Home with Charlotte Mason & Her Methods (1:00–6:00 P.M.)Discover a little about Charlotte Mason, her mottoes for parents and children, and how she fits into world history. Then gain confidence teaching each school subject using Charlotte Mason methods. One of the highlights of this session is actually trying several of the main methods yourself. It’s great practice, and you will understand better what you are asking your children to do.
- Session 3—Laying Down the Rails: The Power of Good Habits in Your Home School (7:00–8:30 P.M.) Included with any registration! Spouses and friends may also attend this session free!Discover the secret to smooth and easy days: habit training. Learn how to instill good habits, which habits Charlotte Mason encouraged parents to cultivate in their children, and practical tips for cultivating the Top Three.
Saturday, January 18 (Doors open at 9:00 A.M.)
- Session 4—Putting It All Together (9:30 A.M.–2:30 P.M.)Now that you know the methods, it’s time to put it all together. In the morning you will experience firsthand what a Charlotte Mason homeschool day might look like and feel like. Then after lunch break (on your own), you will discover how to use that knowledge and some simple guidance to design a great schedule that works for your family.
- Session 5—Navigating the High School Years (3:00–4:30 P.M.)Teaching high school the Charlotte Mason way isn’t that difficult! Discover what stays the same, what changes, and how to manage grades and calculate credits for a transcript. Lots of helpful guidelines, practical tips, and encouraging ideas to help you confidently homeschool through high school.
Register for any of the sessions or for the entire two-day conference today! Online registration ends January 14.
Session 1—Enjoying the Early Years ($10)
Session 2—Feeling at Home with Charlotte Mason & Her Methods ($35)
Session 3—Laying Down the Rails: The Power of Good Habits in Your Home School (FREE!)
Session 4—Putting It All Together ($35)
Session 5—Navigating the High School Years ($10)
Entire Conference for accompanying spouse or family member: $35
The event will be held at First Baptist Church of Matthews
Sign up at Simply Charlotte Mason